Wednesday, August 15, 2012

1971 Italvega Nuovo Record Components

This week I'll be starting the 1971 Italvega Nuovo Record Build. Most of the components have been cleaned, but I might polish a few of the showier alloy parts before final assembly.

Photobucket

I need to decide on a headset. I don't think I want to spend the money it would take to find a period correct Campagnolo Nuovo Record headset, but some of the Stronglight headsets from that time are also quite attractive, and a bit less expensive. This would match the very attractive Stronglight crank, and would be an upgrade for the bike as well.


   

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





The bike originally came with Campagnolo downtube shifters, but I'll be upgrading the bike to use Campagnolo bar end shifters instead.


   

Photobucket

Photobucket





These vintage Campy parts really are quite beautiful. I usually build 80's period Japanese bikes with Suntour parts, which I actually find quite nicely designed, but building this bike has really given me an appreciation for the jewelry-like beauty of some of the Italian hardware.


   

Photobucket

Photobucket



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Mauricio, thank you for the interest, sorry for the very late response! Kids get busy, and that's it for a while sometimes! The bike turned out very light, and very fun to ride. I actually had a later post about it also I think that showed the finished bike.

      Delete