Saturday, December 3, 2011

2012 Project: Italvega Nuovo Record


I've been enjoying researching the Italvega/Univega story, and have also been itching to play with an Italian bike.

So, my fun project for 2012 will be this 1971 (I think) Nuovo Record.

Universal mod.61 brakes were OEM, I believe, but this bike will have Universal Super 68 calipers, the brake Universal produced next after the 61. I like the quick release function, and since the 68's were made starting in 68, and this is a 71 bike, these were the current top-line Universal calipers at the time this bike was made. Close enough. Despite my wish to remain relatively original on this bike, I will probably use modern-ish aero levers, simply because I like them.



 

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment