Saturday, June 25, 2011

New Build: 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport

I'm starting a new build, this time with a closer eye on trying to keep costs under control while still building a quality bike.

The frame is Cromoly and lugged. It's a cool old frame, with a biplane, cromoly fork, and a bit of history as these early stumpjumpers were some of the first production mountain bikes.

Interestingly, I found the seller on blogger.com, so this bike is getting way more attention than it probably should.

Photos next.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! It's pretty awesome to have met you again on blogger! I'm very excited to see how the Stumpjumper will turn out.

    I want to say that the bottom bracket size was 3S, which is 121.5mm (32mm left end; 37.5mm right end). I'm not 100% sure about that, though. If it helps at all, it had Sugino AT triple crankset on them when I got it.

    I hope I get to see the bike back on the road soon!

    ReplyDelete